I love cauliflower and I’m always looking for new ways to use it. Here is a spicy version that is great as a side dish.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 clove of garlic – crushed
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (or a fresh red chilli – chopped finely) or to taste – you’re in control of the heat!
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander seed
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper corns to taste
- Olive oil
- Throw the salt, pepper corns, garlic, ground coriander seed and chilli or chilli flakes into a mortar and pestle and pound into a paste. Add olive oil and stir.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Add the florets to boiling water and boil until just tender or ‘al dente’. It is very important not to over cook the cauliflower at this stage.
- Heat the spice paste and olive oil in a deep sided pan.
- Drain the cauliflower and add to the pan. Saute until there is a bit of colour on the cauliflower.
- Remove from the pan and serve as a side to any roast or grilled meat.
I served my cauliflower with a lovely medium rare steak and sauted silverbeet. Yumm!!!
Try it if you enjoy something different…
Do you like experimenting with spices?